2. Check out the SF Library’s Holiday Train Exhibit – it’s free! The library has other holiday (free) activities as well.
3. Waste some gas looking at holiday lights. Here’s a good one in Novato, from Frog Mom in California.
4. Go to the Oakland Zoo for Zoolights, through January 2nd. Using LED-lights (those are the efficient ones, by the way), you’ll see animals, candy canes and Santa Clause, shaped by lights. There’s a train ride (Snowball Express), Santa’s workshop, and light show in the meadow.
5. Gilroy Gardens has nightly weekend light shows, ice skating and rides.
6. Make some crafts! A sock-snowman, an edible snowman , rock candy or chocolate dipped pretzels
7. Visit a museum you’ve never been to – look at my museum list on the right side and pick one! Favorites include Zeum, the Bay Area Discovery Museum, Lawrence Hall of Science, the Tech Museum of Innovation, the California Academy of Sciences , the SF Museum of Modern Art & the Randall Museum.
8. Go ice skating. Here are several options for outdoor holiday ice skating in the Bay Area:
9. Kiddie Amusement parks! Try Children’s Fairyland in Oaklandor , Pixieland in Concord
10. These Bay Area birthday party locations often have open hours – especially bounce house places like Bounce U and Pump it Up.
11. Go swimming – indoors at Silliman Aquatic Center. Their indoor play structure, slides and Jacuzzi are just thing for cold days.
12. Holiday tea-time. Check out the list of places/dates at SFkids.org.
13. See Shrek the Musical in San Francisco. Read a Frog Mom's review of Shrek here. Get discount tickets to Shrek through Bay Area on the Cheap. Get tickets for $49.50 with the Travelzoo code 3Shrek.