We have a new contest, where we're giving away four sets of tickets. Read on and make sure to follow the contest rules if you'd like to win.
CIRQUE DU SOLEIL - TOTEM
We have golden tickets to the premier of Cirque du Soleil's Totem for one lucky reader of Frisco Kids. Win a four-pack by entering the contest! The show opens Friday, October 28 at 8 p.m. in San Francisco. The show runs until November 27 under a big top at AT&T Park in San Francisco. The show also comes to San Jose March 2, 2012. Maybe the nice people at Cirque du Soleil will give us tickets to give away for that show as well!
LORD OF THE RINGS IN CONCERT
The Oracle Arena is hosting two Lord of the Rings shows on Saturday, October 22 at 2 and 8 p.m. Win a set of four tickets to the earlier show (at 2 p.m.). Here's what the show is about (in their words, because I can't do it justice): "Peter Jackson's complete award-winning epic will be projected digitally on an immense 60 foot screen using an uncompressed high definition source with two 20k lumen projectors while the combined forces of the Munich Symphony Orchestra, Pacific Chorale and Phoenix Boys Choir bring the music of Middle-Earth to life."
SHREK the MUSICAL
My family saw this show on Broadway, and we all loved it. It's coming to Broadway San Jose September 20-25, and one lucky family can win a four-pack of tickets. There are 19 new songs and you'll love seeing live versions of Lord Farquaad, Shrek, the donkey and Fiona.
Yo Gabba Gabba is coming to the Bay Area on November 19 (three shows - at 1, 4 and 7 p.m.) at the San Jose Civic Auditorium. Frisco Kids is giving away a family four pack of tickets. If you don't win tickets and want to buy them, you can get them here.
Read carefully. The contest closes on Wednesday, September 14 at 5 p.m. Pacific Time. Any comments made after that time will be deleted or not considered. You can only win one prize.
1. To enter, you must leave a comment stating the shows you want in the order that you want them (or if you're open to all prizes and don't care which you win, state that too). I don't want to give you something you can't use, especially since several shows are only for a specific date/time. Make it easy for me!
2. You must also leave your email address (or if you don't want to post that online, email me at blog at friscokids dot net, and tell me which entry is yours). If I don't know how to reach you, I can't give you the prize.
3. You get an additional entry for becoming a fan of Frisco Kids on Facebook. Make a comment here if you do that. And if you're already a friend on Facebook, just tell me that in an additional blog post comment - that counts too.
4. If you sign up for emails from Frisco Kids, you'll get an additional entry (see #3 - no penalty if you are already an email subscriber). You can sign up on the top right of the page.
5. After the entry cut-off, I will use random.org to get a randomized list of winners. From that list, the first person will win his/her first choice prize. The second person will win his/her first choice prize (if available), or else I'll go to the person's second choice prize. And so forth. If you're interested in any/all prizes, let me know, so you won't be shut out of the contest. I realize that not all shows will appeal to all people.
7. I'll email you that you won, and you'll have 48 hours to get back to me with your address (if requested) or to confirm you got my email so I can get your prize. If you don't get back to me, I will give the prize to someone else.
I'll post the winners once I've gotten them all nailed down. If you don't win, consider buying tickets to the shows.