What do you do with an uneaten bag of popcorn? Turn it into this:
I know you're thinking - wow - that looks so difficult and I could never make that. Well, you're wrong. The hardest part was unwrapping the individual caramels.
Here's how to make Debbie's fabulous caramel chocolate popcorn:
Popcorn (I made two bags which was too much )
Caramel - I used one bag from the grocery store - maybe 12 ounces for both bags
Chocolate chips (I didn't measure, but used a few handfuls)
Pretzels (I used a few small snack bags from Southwest Airlines)
Nuts (I used a combination of Southwest Airlines honey-roasted peanuts, and mixed nuts left over from a party we had)
I would add salt in the future
Optional: mini marshmallows and mini M&Ms
1. Put the popcorn on greased tin foil or waxed paper (easier if you put that in a jelly roll cookie sheet).
2. Chop the nuts and pretzels.
3. Unwrap, then melt the caramel (I tried doing this over a double boiler but it took too long. The microwave worked just fine).
4. Pour the caramel over the popcorn and mix it up.
5. Mix in the nuts and pretzels and salt
6. Melt the chocolate chips and pour that over the popcorn
7. Mix that well - I used my hands and it did a much better job.
8. Let it cool/harden
If you want to make it even prettier, drizzle melted white chocolate over the top as well.
The caramel will not harden completely.