Just saw this opportunity listed for single moms in San Mateo county. It's for a group called WANDA that is starting to enroll its next class. WANDA stands for Womens Achievement Network and Development Alliance, and it teaches financial literacy and matches investment funds that each woman contributes. For a more thorough description, read through the website.
Before they open the program to the community, they're having two private orientations for friends/family/colleagues (which you are). If you're interested, you need to attend one of two orientations - no RSVP needed. Info below.
The Program's benefits:
* $4,000 matched savings
* Save for retirement, children's education, home purchase, and small business
* More education and networking opportunities
* Single mother with at least 1 dependent under 18
* Steady work history for past 2 years
* Living in San Mateo County
* Income at/under 60% AMI(see chart)
-When: Wednesday November 9th at 6 p.m.
Where: Fair Oaks Community Center, Room B (2600 Middlefield Rd., Redwood City)
When: Friday November 18th at 5 p.m.
Where: 4Cs of San Mateo (2121 South El Camino Real, Suite A-100, San Mateo)